Meghan Markle and Prince Harry moving to Canada ‘to save baby Archie from suffering like his dad’ – OK! magazine

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s bombshell decision to step down as senior royalists and move to Canada was reportedly to keep son Archie out of the spotlight.

It’s understood that the couple want to save their eight-month-old from suffering “like Harry did”.

“Meghan was behind the shock move and told Harry she couldn’t live in the gold fish bowl of the royal family any longer,” a source told new magazine.

“She said she couldn’t bear to watch Archie grow up in the glare of the spotlight and suffer like Harry did. Harry felt torn but had to support his wife – admitting he’s been wracked with guilt at what Meghan’s endured since giving up her life for him.”

It comes after a spokeswoman confirmed Meghan has now returned to Canada to take care of Archie, who stayed with a nanny while the couple flew home to deliver the news to the Royal family.

Prince Harry Meghan Markle Archie

According to The Mail Online, Meghan had not planned on staying in the UK for long after their six-week break to Vancouver over Christmas and New Year.

It’s believed Harry had planned to follow his wife but is due to attend an engagement at Buckingham Palace on Thursday.

Harry, 35, and Meghan, 38, shared the bombshell announcement on their Instagram account, revealing they will split their time between the UK and North America.

Prince Harry Meghan Markle Archie Mountbatten-Windsor
Prince Harry Meghan Markle Archie Mountbatten-Windsor

The statement read: “After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution.

“We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent, while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen.

“It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment. We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages.”

The couple added: “This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity.

“We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support.”

Read More

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Meghan has made no secret of her struggles with royal life, previously revealing she had found it difficult to adjust as a new mum.

Speaking on ITV documentary Harry & Meghan: An African Journey in October, she tearfully said: “It’s not enough to just survive something. That’s not the point of life. You’ve got to thrive.”

She added: “Not many people have asked if I’m OK, but it’s a real thing to be going through behind the scenes.”

Read the full story in this week’s New Magazine, out now.

Let’s block ads! (Why?)