Meghan Markle’s dad Thomas set to testify against her as star witness in extraordinary High Court showdown – The Sun
MEGHAN Markle’s dad could give evidence against his own daughter in a bombshell legal case, it has emerged.
Thomas Markle is prepared to take the stand against the Duchess of Sussex as a key witness for the defence in a court case she has brought against a newspaper, according to the Mail.
Mr Markle, 75, has given lawyers previously unseen text messages sent in the build-up to Meghan’s wedding.
Court documents filed at London’s High Court outlined the extent of her fall out with her dad — and claimed she was behind a smear campaign against him.
The documents have been filed by the Mail On Sunday as it fights a legal action bought by Meghan.
They say intimate details of her broken relationship with Thomas, revealed in a US magazine by five “friends,” could only have come from her.
They also accuse Meghan of scheming to use friends to pressure UK journalists into dropping stories about her.
She is suing the newspaper for damages after it published a leaked letter she wrote to Thomas three months after her May 2018 wedding.
Meghan claims it was misuse of her private information and breach of copyright.
She could be forced to hand over private text messages, emails and phone records as part of the legal disclosure process. And she is likely to be called as a witness if the case is not settled out of court.
The five-page handwritten letter was posted to Thomas by the Duchess of Sussex’s Los Angeles-based business manager.
The court documents say that after Mr Markle messaged his daughter saying he couldn’t come to her wedding because he had been rushed to hospital for emergency heart surgery and told not to fly on health grounds, he received a text that appeared to be from Prince Harry.
The message accused him of causing hurt to his daughter and did not ask about his health, leaving him “deeply hurt”.
In return, Mr Markle wrote: “I’ve done nothing to hurt you Meghan or anyone else … I’m sorry my heart attack is … any inconvenience for you.”
Meghan was seen last night for the first time since the “Megxit” crisis exploded — leaving her Canadian hideaway in a seaplane.
The Duchess, 38, had been lying low at an £11million retreat on Vancouver Island while Prince Harry thrashed out their royal breakaway deal in Britain.
Parents fined £1 every 5 mins for showing up late to pick up kids from school
FIT FOR A HERO
US D-Day hero will finally be laid to rest as body is identified after 75yrs
Fotis Dulos ‘plotted to kill his own attorney’s wife in exchange for alibi’
Trump blasts ‘son of a b***h’ Soleimani at raucous Wisconsin rally
Americans drinking more booze now than before PROHIBITION 100 years ago
AVEN A NIGHT IN JAIL
Michael Avenatti arrested during hearing over ‘$840k Nike scam’
Lib Dem blasted after claiming Britain will be like Nazi Germany after Brexit
Meghan and Harry were ‘forced out’ by ‘bad blood’ in Royal Family, claims pal
Corbyn’s Momentum army ONLY ask members whether to back Rebecca Long Bailey
Meghan Markle’s letter to her father Thomas – what did it say?
There was no sign of nine-month-old son Archie, who is believed to be with a nanny. It was the first sighting of Meghan since the row over their plans to step down as frontline royals.
She was escorted to the plane by a bodyguard.
An airport source said: “She didn’t have to sit and wait with other passengers inside the terminal.”
Let’s block ads! (Why?)